The City of Perth is in the process of developing a Cycle Plan for the City and during August 2010, the City of Perth received over 1200 responses to it’s initial public consultation survey for the development of the Plan.
The City will be providing examples of the types of feedback that were received on its bicycle plan website.
Update â€“ October 1, 2010: The City of Perth now has a summary graphic of the results.
The City has advised that the results of the survey, input from stakeholders, and other information, will be used to write the draft Cycle Plan and the public will then have another opportunity to comment on the activities included in the Plan.
It is envisaged that this document will reflect the City’s strategic direction, including objectives and targets for cycling in Perth and is supported by;
- the development of a Strategic Network
- best practice Land Use Planning principles
- improved Infrastructure and Safety
- increased End-of-Trip facilities
- identified opportunities for Integrated Transport Programs and Projects
- high quality Education and Training
- effective Encouragement and Promotion activities
Interested readers can be kept informed with developments by signing up to the City of Perthâ€™s consultation list. Just click here to be taken to the City of Perthâ€™s Bicycle Plan website and then scroll down for the sign-up section.