The City of Perth is in the process of developing a Cycle (Bicycle) Plan for the City to support the thousands of cyclists in the City at present and encourage others to take up cycling.
The City has indicated that it envisages that the plan will reflect the City’s strategic direction,Â and include objectives and targets for cycling in Perth which is supported by;
- the development of a Strategic Network
- best practice Land Use Planning principles
- improved Infrastructure and Safety
- increased End-of-Trip facilities
- identified opportunities for Integrated Transport Programs and Projects
- high quality Education and Training
- effective Encouragement and Promotion activities
Initially the City of Perth is collecting feedback and suggestions regarding considerations for the development of the draft Cycle Plan for 2010 – 2021.
This is an opportunity for all cyclists in Perth to provide input which will be used to prepare the draft Cycle Plan and is an opportunity for us to tell us the City of Perth;
- what our vision is for cycling in the City,
- what we like about cycling in Perth and
- where we would like to seeÂ the City of Perth to improve.
So lets complete this survey and let the City of Perth know our views. This is a great opportunity and should be taken up by us all.
The City of Perth currently has a survey in place seeking information on your current, planned and potential cycling trips, what you think will increase the popularity of cycling, and your vision for a ‘cycle friendly’ city will help inform and prioritise the activities included in the Cycle Plan.
The survey will take approximately 10 – 15 minutes (or longer depending on the level of information you’d like to provide) and will be available until 5pm Monday 30th of August 2010.Â The Draft Cycle Plan will be available later in the year for public comment.