Working through my build specifications for a Sinner Mango Sports Red Edition and also the possibility of a Surly Ogre, one option being considered is a Schlumpf High Speed Drive on the Sinner Mango. However a Schlumpf is not cheap, more so if you add in a Rohloff rear hub to the mix so coming across the Efneo is a bonus.
The Efneo looks promising as a possible alternative to the Schlumpf drives. At this stage it looks like one option in the Efneo range but it is start. It will be interested to if this development goes further and if there is a KickStarter funding option. If interested one can drop Efneo an email to be kept informed of future developments.
- Light and compact – much less than 1 kg weight and 20 mm width
- Changes gears while stationary and while pedalling – quickly and smoothly
- Easy reduction to lowest gear at halt – like changing to 1st gear in a car
- Convenient gears ratios: neutral, +36%, +38% (188% as a whole) – equivalent to 24T/33T/45T in front derailleur
* The image used in this post has been sourced from Utah Trikes