The Ocean Ride for MS (Multiple Sclerosis) is on again in 2011. Â It is running on Sunday, October 23 this year. Â The ride organisers hope to raise $250,000 for multiple sclerosis so I hope you can consider participating and raising support for this worthy cause.
The event is running on Sunday, October 23, 2011 and will this year consist of three ride distances:
- Family ride of 10 kilometres – Get the kids involved!
- Nice leisurely ride of 30 km. Could be easily extended by enjoying the ride back to Fremantle. It is a nice coastal ride for sure.
- One for the more serious rider – 50 km. Â Again thisÂ could be easily extended to around 80 km by enjoying the ride back to Fremantle. It is a nice coastal ride for sure.
The 30 km and 50 km rides commence at 7:00 AM at the Pickled Fig CafÃ©, South Beach (excuse for an early morning coffee me thinks) and the finish point is Hillarys Beach Park (Whitfords Nodes). The 10 km family ride starts at 7:00 AM at the New Wild Fig CafÃ©, Scarborough and finishes at Hillarys Beach Park (Whitfords Nodes). Â The 50 km ride continues pass Hillarys Beach before looping back to the finish.
Registration fees are:
Early Bird Prices – Registration before September 23, 2011
- 30 and 50 km rides – $50.00 for adults and $30 for 16-17 year olds
- 10 km ride – $25 for adults, children up to 17 years old – $10, family package (two adults and two children) – $60
Registration after September 23, 2011
- 30 and 50 km rides – $60.00 for adults and $40 for 16-17 year olds
- 10 km ride – $30 for adults, children up to 17 years old – $15, family package (two adults and two children) – $75
Registration and sponsorship details can be found at the event website.