May 2009 has come to an end and I would thought I would reflect back on the month in terms of my cycling. A last minute decision tonight, so not sure how much I will remember of the month.Â First some statistics, hey I am an accounting lecturer so this stuff works for me. Thanks to BikeJournal.com and ProLog Cycling for assisting me in gathering all this stuff. Oh the summary of my numbers for 2009 can be found here.
On to May, I rode 1,610 kilometres which is 38% more than I did in May 2008 and I am averaging 380 kilometres a week. On the downside I was a fraction slower â€¦ blaming the Surly for that one. Also I started the month weighing in at 92 kg and ended it feeling very fat at 92.8 kg.Â Interesting but, my average weight over the month was 92.43 kg compared to 93.33 in April. I really need to get myself focused on reducing my weight this year. Well there is June â€¦
Other highlights/downs from the month:
- Completed a 100 km UAF 100 group ride with Audax Western Australia;
- Completed a 100 km ride with some time in the hills again with Audax Western Australia. My second only hills ride and I am starting to like them hills;
- Experienced my first assault whilst riding a bike, in fact my first real assault;
- Changed my standard route to Joondalup to now riding along West Coast Highway and Marmion Avenue both ways. It works okay in the morning most days but I am not so sure about the return ride. Traffic is not so friendly.
- Not enjoying the headwinds albeit lighter in the mornings and afternoons â€¦ maybe those summer southerlies werenâ€™t so bad after all;
- Feeling fat fat at imes this month, even though I did get down to 91.10 kg I just lost it and now back at 92.8 kg. I really need to get this weight loss happening thing, for my physical health, my mental health and to just improve my riding experience;
- Ranked 77th in the world at BikeJournal.com and 4th in the Bicycles Network Australia Club at BikeJournal.com.