Froggie, my Look 555 today received his first service for 2010 at 11,390 km. The last service was at 9,481 km, so much longer between services than is normal for me with my bikes. I try to do regular services at 500 km intervals (winter-spring) and 1,000 km services during the summer-autumn period. Anyway, this service consists of:
- Degreasing the chain using a Parkâ€™s Tool CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber and Australian Export degreaser;
- Application of Rock and Roll Gold chain lube to the chain;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator. All is looking good at this point, but the cluster is starting to show signs of wear.
- I went over the bike checking the bolts and screws â€“ nothing loose which is nice to know;
- I re-tuned the rear derailleur following the replacement of the cables by Wembley Cycles.
- Adjusted the brakes. The rear brake is still feeling a bit stiff, so tried a bit of chain lube in the shifter. That may have done the trick but the feel of my testing.
- Deflated the tires and checked for embedded glass. Removed about three pieces from the rear tire (GP 4000) which is starting to show signs of cutting up.
- I finished off with a clean of the bike. I
No other issues where noted. Tyre wear is okay and brake pad wear is okay.