We my moving over into the laid back style of riding I need to rationalise my bicycle fleet to make room for the recumbent bikes 🙂 The first bike up for sale is my commuter, my 2010 Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Ltd which is a 60 cm frame. I am asking $1,199 ONO for the bike. I am happy to pack it up and ship it at the buyers cost. If you are interested please leave a comment below or email me directly at email@example.com or contact me via Twitter at @aushiker.
The bike was built up myself from a mix of new and used components. The frame is a 2010 Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Ltd which is a handmade frame made of Easton Scandium with carbon fibre front fork and rear stays. Kinesis provide some insights into the frame describing it …
Scandium is the ideal material for a frame that needs to be responsive and lively, but retain some compliance to cushion the blows of a long distance ride.
We have used Easton ‘GX2’, Flared, Taperwall tubing, the flared section at the head-tube helps to avoid lateral flex and give a really direct steering feel, whilst the tapered butting keeps things light and reliable for years of use.
Scandium has the ‘spring’ of steel but with the light weight of advanced alloy. Carbon plays it’s part too, the ‘carbon strutt’ seat stays and Selcof carbon post take out some road buzz and the carbon fork is tuned and shaped for some vertical compliance whilst keeping that direct handling feel.
The GranFondo has plenty of ‘race bike feel’, it’s no slack angled tourer, but the geometry is designed to be forgiving over the distance, with longer head-tubes and chain-stays, it’s a versatile frameset too, with mudguard eyelets on frame and fork + rack mounts.
Specification my 2010 Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Ltd
- Frame: Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Ltd 60 cm
- Handlebar: Ritchey Pro Biomax 11 Road 31.8 Handle Bar
- Stem: 3T Arx Pro 31.8 Stem 100 mm
- Seat Post: Selcof Carbon
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra BR-6700 Brake
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra SL FC-6650G Compact Crankset
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra SM-BB6700
- Chain: Wipperman 10S0 10 speed
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra ST-6700 STI 2×10 Shifters
- Front Derailleur: 105
- Rear Derailleur: 105
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 Cassette 10 Speed 11-28
- Saddle: Selle Italia Q-Bik Wilier Flow Saddle 2012 – Black – Fec Alloy Rails
- Front Wheel: Shimano WH-R550 28H
- Rear Wheel: Halo Aero Rage Rear Road Bike Wheel 700c 32H
- Tyres: Schwalbe Durano HS399 700×23 – 1,200 km
- Mudguards: KS Raceblade Long Mudguards Black 700 x 18-23
Some further photos of the Kinesis Racelight Granfondo Ltd