The Santos Great Bike Ride for Charity is back on again in 2012, with the river ride taking place on Sunday 25th November 2012.
The Santos Great Bike Ride for Charity in 2012 will consist of three ride distances, catering for all riders. There is a 106 km option (two laps of the river course), a 53 km option and the 10 km family ride.
In 2012 the ride will have new start and finishing precincts in the City of Perth (details to follow). As with previous years, participants will experience a visually spectacular and scenic tour of the Swan River whilst taking on the awesome challenges of the event.
The circuit has been designed for several advantages:
- A magnificent riverside tour of our beautiful city.
- Anti clockwise at the river’s edge minimising the traffic intersections to be managed.
- Easy riding by staying at river bank level as much as possible.
- Close proximity to cycle paths and parking.
- Intersections will be controlled so cyclists have right of way. Please follow instructions from course marshals.
- Three aid stations with the opportunity to refill your water bottle will all stock sunscreen and first aid.
Your Turn To Talk
I hope you liked this post! Please do stop by the comment section below and share your thoughts and/or experiences with the Santos Great Bike Ride for Charity. Please do share your thoughts by leaving a comment below 🙂