My Look 555 received its fourth service for 2010, a 1,000 kilometre service at 15,514 km, approximately 1,549 km since the last service. I try to do regular services at 500 km intervals (winter-spring) and 1,000 km services during the summer-autumn period. This will be the last 1,000 kilometre service until summer 2010 now. Anyway, this 1,000 km service consists of:
- Degreasing the chain using a Parkâ€™s Tool CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber and Australian Export degreaser;
- Application of Rock and Roll Gold chain lube to the chain;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator. All is looking good at this point;
- The rear shifter cable outer is showing signs of damage so looks like a replacement will be need soon;
- I went over the bike checking the bolts and screws â€“ nothing loose which is nice to know;
- Cleaned the bike. Tried out an idea suggested on the Australian Cycling Forums of using Johnson Baby Wipes to clean the bike. Not convinced this is a great idea â€“ all it seemed to achieve was a lot waste, so will be back to my normal method;
- No other issues where noted. Tyre wear is okay and brake pad wear is okay.