Froggie, my Look 555 today received his second service for 2010 at 12,534 km, approximately 1,100 km since the last service.Â I try to do regular services at 500 km intervals (winter-spring) and 1,000 km services during the summer-autumn period.Â Anyway, this service consists of:
- Degreasing the chain using a Parkâ€™s Tool CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber and Australian Export degreaser;
- Application of Rock and Roll Gold chain lube to the chain;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator.Â All is looking good at this point;
- Removal of the jockey wheels, greasing of the bushes and reassembly.Â The BicycleTutor has a good video on doing this, showing how easy this simple service is;
- The rear shifter cable outer is showing signs of damage so looks like a replacement will be need soon;
- I went over the bike checking the bolts and screws â€“ nothing loose which is nice to know;
- I finished off with a clean of the bike.
No other issues where noted. Tyre wear is okay and brake pad wear is okay.