Orange Tractor Wines are one of the cycle friendly business on the Albany Go-Taste Trail [PDF].Â Recently they installed bicycle racks for cyclists, racks that are shaped as bottles. How cool is that?
Albany businesses that meet the following criteria have judged themselves to be â€œbicycle friendlyâ€:
- Allow cyclists to leave their car at the premises while cycling (optionalâ€¦please check with business first).
- Welcoming to cyclists;
- Happy for cyclists to wear cycling attire whilst on the premises;
- Provide free access to water or a tap to refill bottles;
- Provide an identifiable place to lock your bicycle either on-site or (if the business is in the CBD) within 100m of the premise;
- Allow cyclists to use their toilets (optional…please check with business first)
Criteria specific to accommodation:
- Provide access to basic equipment for bicycle repair & maintenance ;
- Supply a map of the local area and details of nearby laundromat;
- Provide additional facilities such as an area to dry clothes.
I think this is a great initiative by Albany business and I encourage visiting cyclists to support the cycle friendly business when visiting Albany.
Thanks to the Bicycle Transport Alliance for drawing this to my attention.