The National Transport Commission has issued an invite to interested parties or individuals to register their interest in a review of the Australian [motor] vehicle standards rules. Â The review will run over two years, commencing in late 2010. It will involve the development of a discussion paper and evaluation report identifying improvement outcomes, which will then be submitted to the Australian Transport Council (ATC) for consideration. Any recommended changes or amendments will be passed on to states and territories to implement.
The NTC will consult widely with government organisations, industry and users of the rules throughout all stages of the review â€“ from informing the scope of the review, developing the discussion paper and finally, the evaluation report. Â If you would like to register your interest in this review, or if you have any comments on the scope of the review or any other feedback or information you would like to provide, please contact NTC on:
Review of the Australian Vehicle Standards Rules
- examine the vehicle standards rules and the role they play within the transport system and in context of the safe systems framework for road safety
- examine how vehicle standards rules function in other countries
- explore issues which may influence future vehicle standards rules
- examine the practical outcomes of the Australian vehicle standards rules
- the users of the rules: owners and drivers of motor vehicles
- government organisations, including transport agencies, compliance agencies and local government
- business and industry.
- examine stakeholdersâ€™ views of the vehicle standards rules, including:
- provide options to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Australian vehicle standards rules.
I have emailed the NTC to register but received no response. If I am registered and get updates I will update this blog as news comes to hand.