With the Santos Great Bike Ride on Sunday November 22, 2009 there will be a few road closures. Main Roads WA has published the following details (updated November 19, 2009):
5.00 am to 11.30 am
- Kwinana Freeway northbound: left lane closed from Canning Highway to Narrows Bridge
- Kwinana Freeway northbound: Mill Point Road off-ramp
- Mill Point Road: on-ramp city bound
4.30 am to 11.00 am
- Barrack Street: Southbound only from Esplanade to Riverside Drive
- Riverside Drive: Westbound between Barrack Street and Mounts Bay Road
- Mounts Bay Road: westbound from the Narrows Bridge to Hackett drive
4.30 am to 12.00 pm (noon)
- Causeway: left lane (city bound)
- Canning Highway: left lane closed from Way Road to Causeway
4.30 am to 1.00 pm
- Riverside Drive: both directions from Causeway to Barrack Street
Traffic Management will be in place and speed restrictions will apply along the route.
Bicycles will be using the left hand lane which will be separated by cones allowing vehicles to use the remaining lanes. The event is expected to be completed by 11.30 am.
It is also good to see this statement from Main Roads WA:
Main Roads WA, in conjunction with Local Councils and Rotary, supports this charitable event and sees it as another step towards promoting a healthier more environmentally sustainable lifestyle.