September 11, 2010 Update
Surly have now published some details of the trailer on their blog, Surly Blog. From the blog the features are:
- Load limit of 300 lb / 136 kg;
- Two lengths available â€“ short (32â€ / 81 c) and long (64â€ / 164 cm);
- Flexible with mounting options;
- Wheels are 16â€ heavy duty;
- Will fit bike frames from 20â€ to 29â€;
- Mounting to bicycles is height adjustable to keep the load level and the trailer centred on the rear wheel;
- The trailer hitch is compatible with full suspension bicycles and disc brakes with the exception of Surlyâ€™s Pugsley and Big Dummy;
- Fits 120 mm to 145 mm rear frame spacing;
- Fits through doorways â€¦ not sure what size door ways but;
- MSRP – US$750 short, US$775 long;
- ETA: Northern hemisphere spring 2011.
From my initial post â€¦
Early pictures from Eurobike 2010 courtesy of Singletrack World indicate that Surly, makers of my touring bike, a Long Haul Trucker are getting into cargo style trailers. Click through to Singletrack World for more details and more Surly photos from Eurobike.