Following my Esperance to Perth road tour Sir Lancelot, Surly Long Haul Trucker was due for a 1,000 km service which it received today at a life time 6,978 km. A full service history for the bicycle can be found here.
This service consisted of:
- Cleaning the chain using a Park Tools CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber. Once it was clean I applied Rock and Roll Gold chain lube;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator. The SRAM PC-991 chain is not showing any wear of note at this point which is good considering it has only done 1, 448 km;
- Checking the tension on all bolts and screws on the bicycle. All good
- Cleaning the bike with Nu Finish Car wash with pure orange oil;
- On the Esperance to Perth road tour I lost the magnet for Sigma Sports ROX 9 cadence sensor so fitted a Garmin Edge 305 magnet that I had spare;
- Fitted my rack top bag in preparation for winter commuting duties.
There ends this service.