This service consisted of:
- Cleaning the chain using a Park Tools CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber. Once it was clean I applied Rock and Roll Gold chain lube;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator. The SRAM PC-991 chain is not showing any wear of note at this point which is good considering it has only done 1,642 km;
- Checking the tension on all bolts and screws on the bicycle. All good;
- Swapping out the Schwalbe Marathon Cross HS 334 tyres with Continental Grand Prix 4-Season V 700 x 28C as the bike is being used for winter commuting duties so having faster tyres is nice;
- Removed the pedals and re-greased the threads. Regular removal and greasing the threads makes it easy to remove them when one really does need to get them off;
- Relocated the Sigma Sports ROX 9 cadence sensor to the chain stay as not carrying the spare spokes on the frame. They have a tendency to work loose
- Cleaning the bike with Nu Finish Car wash with pure orange oil.
There ends this service.