Sir Lancelot, my Surly Long Haul Trucker received a â€œwinterâ€ service today at 4,272km. Winter services are carried out during winter and spring due to the wet weather riding conditions experienced.
This service consisted of:
- Degreasing the chain using a Parkâ€™s Tool CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber and Australian Export degreaser;
- Application of Rock and Roll Gold chain lube to the chain;
Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator - no issues on this front; Checking the tension on all bolts and screws on Sir Lancelot.
- Cleaning the bike.
- Removed the Continental Travel Contacts and replaced them with 700x28C Continental Grand Prix 4-Season V tires.
- Two special nuts which hold the SKS Chromoplastic P50 mudguards on at the rear have dropped out. I have attempted to contact SKS about getting replacements with no reply so far. Why do business bother to have contact forms if they do not reply? In the meantime I have wired the stays to the guard. Hopefully this will do the trick.
- Fitted my wired Sigma Sports BC 1606 L bike computer as a temporary measure to replace my out of action Garmin Edge 305.
Due to time constraints service points three and four where not completed with this service.