Sir Lancelot, my Surly Long Haul Trucker received today his first winter service at 2,621 km / 1,628 mi.Â Winter services are scheduled every 500 km and consist of:
- Degreasing the chain using a Parkâ€™s Tool CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber and Australian Export degreaser;
- Application of Rock and Roll Gold chain lube to the chain;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator -Â no issues on this front;
- Checking the tension on all bolts and screws on Sir Lancelot.Â Found two of the stem face plate bolts are showing signs of rust.Â Will need to replace these with stainless steel bolts.
- Cleaning the bike.Â I ensured that I covered the Garmin Edge GCS-10 sensor this time with a plastic bag to avoid it getting wet. It seems to have done the trick.
No other issues where noted. Tyre wear is okay, brake pad wear is okay and the derailleurs and brakes are holding their adjustments okay.