The gloves are a short-fingered style with no gel padding in the palm area. They are made out of “Clarino” which is described by Fox Racing as a synthetic leather and which has a soft and flexible feel to it.
The main features of the Tahoe are:
- Mesh across the back of the hand to provide venting;
- Fox’s “Quick Release” system for easy glove removal. This translates into material across the top of the fingers (see the brown parts in the photo) which allow for one to hook the glove off the hand;
- Thinly padded palm (read no gel) for enhanced hand comfort according to Fox;
- Machine washable.
I like the colour and the feel of the gloves. They sort of have a retro look about them. They are a tight fit. Mine are size XL which is what I normally wear and I find these on the small size. Maybe they will stretch with use. The tight fit may in part be due to the lack of a tightening strap. Rather the glove relies on a small section of stretch material to get a tight fit.
In terms of finish, the gloves are well made, with no loose threads and the edges appear to be finished off well.
I have tried them on and do find that they are okay to get off; no worse than other gloves I have owned. The “Quick Release” systems works, but I do find it hard to get my fingers into the hooks to pull the glove off. I am not sure I would describe the feature as “Quick Release.”
Initial Impressions Summary
- I like the colour and look of the gloves;
- I am pleased with the finish of the gloves;
- I like the fit of the gloves and look forward to seeing how they go with out gel;
- I am not so keen on the quick release feature.
Field Use Summary – September 5, 2008
I have been using these gloves intermittently since June 2008. The only reason for the intermittent use has been the cold, and hence my winter gloves have been preferred. That said, I have found them comfortable to wear, the lack of gel has really had no effect and they are wearing okay.
My only niggle is that they are sized on the small size and hence difficult to remove, otherwise they good gloves.
If you have any comments or experience with these gloves please do add a comment for others.