BikeRadar.com has a very interesting story about the facts and myths of bicycle tyres (or tires if you prefer the incorrect spelling :))Â The article explodes a few myths about tyres based on the work by the independent third-party tyre testers, Wheel Energy.
- Puncture resistance belts work but they can suck up energy depending on the material used;
- Wider tyres roll faster than narrower ones;
- Choice of tube, inner tube that is does matter;
- Bigger (diameter) wheels roll better than smaller wheels;
- Tread pattern, well some tread patterns matter on the road, not just on the single track;
- Higher thread counts do not always mean a better tyre â€“ there are trade-offs.