Aushiker

Why I want to go fixed at 50

I am looking at getting a fixie. Wonder why? Watching Chris Akrigg just having fun on fixie pretty much sums it up for me.

One gear No idea from chris akrigg on Vimeo.

and the bike on the radar is a 2010 Masi Speciale Ultimate (bike in the foreground) which retails for around $2,000 in Australia.  Question is, can I really justify $2,000 for a play bike?

The other fixie being considered is the Charge Plug Racer which sells for around $1,000 from Wiggle in the UK.

A naked Charge in action …

charge bikes plug racer Barcelona. from Daniel Francis on Vimeo.

8 Responses to Why I want to go fixed at 50

1. craig 30 August 2009 at 9:29 AM #

I loved my fixie, only thing was I just didn’t get enough use out of it. If you get one the Charge models rock

2. craig 30 August 2009 at 6:29 PM #

3. Fairy 30 August 2009 at 2:19 PM #

Go for it dude, have some fun, but caould save a heap by building it urself (yeh i know u said u where time poor)
    but at least u won’t look like a noob with a stock shelf product.
    BTW when u start doing those tricks we want the vids.

4. Fairy 30 August 2009 at 11:19 PM #

but at least u won’t look like a noob with a stock shelf product.
    BTW when u start doing those tricks we want the vids.

5. craig 6 September 2009 at 6:34 AM #

There are some coool charge plugs available in the uk for sale second hand, cheap as even with shipping

6. craig 6 September 2009 at 3:34 PM #

7. Aushiker 6 September 2009 at 6:40 AM #

Thanks Craig for the heads-up. Andrew

8. Aushiker 6 September 2009 at 3:40 PM #

Thanks Craig for the heads-up. Andrew

Please share your thoughts ...

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com