This posting details what should have been a regular 500 km winter/spring service of my Look 555 weekend warrior bike, but which turns out to be a 1,000 km service instead. Not ideal over the winter riding period. This service was done at 16,617 km.
This service consisted of:
- Cleaning the chain using a Park Tools CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber. Once it was clean I applied Rock and Roll Gold chain lube;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator. The Wipperman Connex 10 speed 10sO chain is still looking good at 7,011 km;
- Checking the tension on all bolts and screws on the bicycle. All good;
- Cleaning the bike with Nu Finish Car wash with pure orange oil;
- Checking the condition of brake pads;
- Deflating the tyres and checking for wear levels, cuts and embedded foreign objects, e.g., glass. Pick-up embedded foreign objects to minimise likelihood of punctures.
There ends my part of the service. This service however has been extended with Froggie going into Churchill Cycles for additional work. I have had a front brake shudder problem for sometime which I have not been able to resolve, hence off the LBS for attention. While he is in their, Froggie is also getting new brake and gear cables (inners and outers).