The long awaited City of Perth draft cycle plan 2029 has been released for public comment. The City of Perth is currently seeking public comment on the draft Cycle Plan 2029 and is accepting submission up to 5 pm Friday, August 10, 2012. The City of Perth has provided a submission template to assist with making a submission.
Overview of the City of Perth draft cycle plan 2029
Cycle Plan Goals
The draft cycle plan 2029 has two goals. They are:
- Cyclists of various abilities will have access to an integrated, accessible and safe strategic cycle network.
- The City of Perth will have an informed community that participate in cycling and both acknowledge and appreciate the environmental, economic and social benefits that cycling provides.
To achieve these goals the City of Perth will endeavour to:
- Create a strategic cycle network to introduce key east-west and north-south routes and implement complementing key infrastructure.
- Plan an active role in the encouragement and promotion of cycling.
- Provide more education and training for all road users, and increase the viability of cycling to develop an inclusive and vibrant cycling culture.
The City of Perth has also developed an Implementation Program which spans the next five years. The implementation plan details how the City of Perth will deliver the strategic cycle network and increase cycling participation. The Implementation Program 2012 â€“ 2017 has been provided for information in addition to the draft Cycle Plan 2029.
Making a submission on the City of Perth draft Cycle Plan 2029
Electronic submissions are to be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm Friday, August 10, 2012.
Written submissions can be forwarded to:
Active Transport Planner
City of Perth
27 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
Again, written submissions should be be made by Friday August 10, 2012
Further information on the City of Perth draft Cycle Plan 2029
If you would like more information on the draft Cycle Plan 2029 or the public submission process please contact:
Active Transport Planner
Tel: 08 9461 3823
You might also find it useful to review the thoughts of the Bicycle Transport Alliance on the City of Perth draft Cycle Plan 2029.
Downloads – City of Perth draft Cycle Plan 2029
- Draft City of Perth Cycle Plan 2029
- Draft City of Perth Cycle Plan 2029 Implementation Program 2012-2017
- Draft City of Perth Cycle Plan 2029 Strategic Network
- Draft City of Perth Cycle Plan 2029 2011 Base Line Study
Your Turn To Talk
I hope you liked this post! Please do stop by the comment section below and share your thoughts on the City of Perth draft Cycle Plan 2029 with the rest of us.
I am always interested in other thoughts on the City of Perth draft Cycle Plan 2029 so please do share your thoughts by leaving a comment below 🙂