Aushiker

P-38 Rides on Water

LoGo Lightning Jesus Ride

LoGo Lightning P-38 “Jesus” Ride

I took my LoGo Lightning P-38 for an evening ride around the Fremantle Harbour including checking out the new bike path to Rous Head (North Mole).  It seems that my recumbent has developed some “Jesus” powers as it rode on water going by the map that showed up in Strava and Ride With GPS 🙂

Oh this is the magical beast by the way …

LoGo LIghtning P-38

LoGo Lightning P-38

Have you experienced some mythical rides, Jesus style or even Google style? Please do share you experiences in the comments box below.  Also if anyone has experience notifying Google of such mapping errors; is it worth the trouble?

7 Responses to P-38 Rides on Water

1. Marty 31 December 2013 at 2:48 AM #

OpenStreetMap is up to date.

• Aushiker 31 December 2013 at 6:11 AM #

Thanks Marty. OpenStreetMap shows the reclaimed land which is more than Google for sure but not the re-routed road and shared use path. I should go back and re-ride it to get a good track for a map up-date.

2. lodgejJane Lodge 31 December 2013 at 9:26 AM #

I recently cycled from Adelaide to Mt Gambier. Google maps indicated that there was a track across the barrages that stretch across the ocean side of Lake Alexandrina (mouth of the Murray). This is incorrect, you must cycle around the lake. Incidentally, Google doesn’t show the free ferries available to cross Lake Alexandrina and Lake Albert. I haven’t tried to let them know — I didn’t record my trip on anything, so it’s a bit difficult

• Aushiker 31 December 2013 at 9:48 AM #

That would be a frustrating. I hope the diversion wasn’t too long and was enjoyable. How was the ride overall BTW? Nice riding in that part of the country?

3. lodgej 31 December 2013 at 10:13 AM #

Luckily I asked someone when I got to Goolwa (great spot by the way) so didn’t go out of my way at all. Wonderful ride except for constant bad weather (really windy and wet) after the first week. Met up with Great Ocean Road ride at Mt Gambier — a never to be repeated experience! Geelong back to Adelaide via Ballarat, Coleraine, Penola, etc. was (except for weather), perfect. Planning to do the Murray on the LHT next spring. SA makes it so easy for cyclists – lots of bike paths, easy airport access, wonderful wine growing regions with lots of places for stealth camping

4. perthcyclist 31 December 2013 at 2:15 PM #

I have reported missing roads and the like to google before, it takes a while but they will look at it and verify it/fix it. One of the errors resulted us being directed to ride a sandy firebreak as google maps thought it was a road! They fixed that up and hopefully in future cyclists will be able to get a more accurate route and be saved the run around.

• Aushiker 31 December 2013 at 6:18 PM #

Thanks. I might make the effort then if they do listen.

Please share your thoughts ...

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com