Froggie, my Look 555 today received his first spring service for 2009 at 9,481 km / 5,891 mi.Â Spring services are scheduled every 500 km (311 mi), but this one was late by 117 km.Â The service consists of:
- Degreasing the chain using a Parkâ€™s Tool CM-5 Cyclone Chain Scrubber and Australian Export degreaser;
- Application of Rock and Roll Gold chain lube to the chain;
- Checking of chain wear with a Park Tools CC-3 Chain Wear indicator.Â The chain wear indicator is now just slipping in at 1.00 as per this study and related discussion at the Australian Cycling Forums it is due for replacement.Â I was pushed for time today so will have to put this off till next weekend.Â This will mean the chain will do another ~250 km before replacement.
- The rear Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheel spokes are loosing some tension so will need to get this wheel in for truing.Â This is one task that I will pass over to the LBS. Probably in a week or so.
- Normally I go over the bike checking the bolts and screws but didnâ€™t this time; rather just visual/feel check of the various components.
- I did adjust the rear derailleur but will need to fine tune it when the new chain is fitted.
- Adjusted the brakes. The rear brake is feeling a bit stiff. Not sure what exactly is the issue there. The OEM pads are still looking good.
- I finished off with a quick clean of the bike. I really need to give it a good going over but.
No other issues where noted. Tyre wear is okay and brake pad wear is okay.