Congratulations to David Willcox of Margaret River who has been appointed as the first RailTrails Australia representative for West Australia. RailTrails Australia state that the appointment will enable the provision of more up to date information on rail trails in this state and better help the improvement of the rail trail network in WA. They are also in the process of getting one other representative for West Australia.
A bit about Mr David Willcox from RailTrails Australia:
David is a passionate trail advocate and lives in Margaret River so obviously has a greater interest in the Busselton to Flinders Bay Rail Trail. Some other points about David include
- Dedicated to helping people engage with nature and heritage values.
- Margaret River Off-road Cycling Association chair.
- West Australian Mountain Bike Association club representative.
- 8 years practice in the Architecture and Planning industry.
- 7 Years practice in design industry (web, graphics & video)
- In-depth knowledge and contacts within tourism industry in WA
We welcome David and if you are associated with a rail trail in West Australia he can be contacted on email@example.com.
One of David’s main reasons for volunteering for this role is his desire to get more people outdoors connecting with natural landscapes. One important way to do this is make rail trails more accessible to the wider population, an important goal of Rail Trails Australia.